- The information Questions & Solutions Engineering may collect about you;
- How the information may be used;
- With whom the information may be shared;
- How you may update the information you provide to Questions & Solutions Engineering;
- How you may contact Questions & Solutions Engineering; and
- Your choices about the use and disclosure of your information.
Questions & Solutions Engineering collects information about you so it can continue to provide and improve the Services to you and other users of the Site. The information collected may include items, such as your name, e-mail address, address, phone number, facsimile number, business size, and industry type, as well as other information that may include nonpublic personal information of your members and customers. The information collected on the Site may be stored at servers, computers, or other media located within the United States.
Questions & Solutions Engineering may obtain personal and non-personal information about you from third-party sources. Such information may be utilized, analyzed, or compared with information that Questions & Solutions Engineering has collected from you or that you have submitted to the Site. To the extent Questions & Solutions Engineering obtains information from third-party sources, it assumes that third parties have lawfully obtained and provided the information. To the extent third parties have unlawfully obtained or provided information, you understand, agree, and acknowledge that your sole legal remedy is against the third party that engaged in the unlawful activity and that you will not assert any cause of action, claim, or demand against Questions & Solutions Engineering.
Information Collection Technology
Questions & Solutions Engineering may use various technologies to collect information from your computer or device about your activities on the Site. Questions & Solutions Engineering may collect and store non-personally identifying information through website measurement and customization technologies that are commonly known as cookies, log files, clear gifs (commonly known as “web beacons”), and third parties to profile user activity and preferences. Technical and specification information about your browser and computer or device is automatically collected when you use or visit the Site. This information may include your Internet Protocol address, browser type, operating system, access time, the content of previously accepted “cookies” from Questions & Solutions Engineering, and the website address that referred you to the Site.
A cookie is data stored on your computer or device that tracks non-personal information about you. Questions & Solutions Engineering may assign your computer or device one or more cookies that enable it to improve the quality of the Services and to personalize your experience. Cookies allow for the automatic collection of information about your activity on the Site, such as the content you access while on the Site, the links you click, and other activity you conduct while using the Site. You may choose to modify your web browser’s setting to disable cookies or limit their use. If you choose to disable or limit cookies, you are still able to access the Site, but you may be unable to use all features.
The Site may contain web beacons, clear gifs, or similar technologies that gather non-personally identifiable information about your use. Such technology may also be contained in e-mail messages or newsletters from Questions & Solutions Engineering that allow for the determination of whether messages have been accessed. The purpose of such technology is so that Questions & Solutions Engineering may analyze the effectiveness of its marketing efforts, the quality of the Site, and the Services.
Personal Information about Users under Eighteen Years of Age Not Collected
Information Others May Collect
Information Use and Sharing
- Providing you with products or services, whether from Questions & Solutions Engineering, or any affiliates or sponsors;
- Providing you with customized content, advertising, and services that it reasonably believes will also be of interest to you;
- Providing technical or customer support;
- Performing research and analysis to gauge the use of or interest in the products, services, or content offered on the Site, and to develop new services;
- Communicating with you by e-mail, U.S. mail, telephone, text message, or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from Questions & Solutions Engineering, any affiliates, sponsors, or other third parties;
- Enforcing its terms and conditions, or otherwise managing its business; and
- Performing functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
In order to perform the Services, Questions & Solutions Engineering may publish certain information that you provide. For example, you agree that any testimonial feedback or other comments provided by you to Questions & Solutions Engineering will become the sole and exclusive property of Questions & Solutions Engineering and that such information may be used for any legally permissible purpose, including, but not limited to, marketing and advertising its services and products.
Communications from Questions & Solutions Engineering
While Questions & Solutions Engineering typically first asks that you “opt-in” to receive communication, such as through e-mail, newsletters, and telephone, there is a possibility that Questions & Solutions Engineering may use your information to communicate with you in absence of such election. You may opt out or unsubscribe to unsolicited marketing communications at any time. See the Opt-Out Provisions section below for applicable contact information and directions.
Your Information Will Not Be Sold
Questions & Solutions Engineering will not sell any information you submit to it to any other third party without prior written notice to you and an opportunity to opt-out.
Legal Process and Investigation Issues
From time to time, Questions & Solutions Engineeringmay be required to respondto a subpoena or similar investigative demand from law enforcement, a court order, a government agency, or a private litigant. Questions & Solutions Engineering reserves all rights to defend, within its sole discretion, against such legal requests, demands, and claims. For instance, Questions & Solutions Engineering may raise or waive legal objections or rights. Questions & Solutions Engineering also reserves the right to disclose your information when Questions & Solutions Engineering believes it is reasonably appropriate based on the situation. Such disclosure may include, but is not limited to, disclosing your information in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or commence other actions regarding suspected illegal activity or other wrongdoing; to protect; to defend the rights, property, or safety of its business, users, employees, or others; comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or enforce other agreements or policies.
Notice about Social Security Numbers
Questions & Solutions Engineering does not collect social security numbers of users. To the extent Questions & Solutions Engineering comes into possession of social security numbers, or collects such information in the future, the information will be treated confidentially and not shared with third parties unless permitted or required by applicable law. Additionally, Questions & Solutions Engineering will take reasonable steps to limit the access to the social security numbers and take steps for securing the transmission of the data, as required by applicable law.
The Site contains may contain links to other websites. Questions & Solutions Engineering disclaims any responsibility for the privacy practices of third parties that may have links to or from the Site, or any framed content on the Site. Questions & Solutions Engineering encourages you to review the privacy policies or statements of every website that you visit.
Opt-Out Provisions and Updating Your Information
Your request will generally be responded to within forty-eight (48) hours if your inquiry is via e-mail, or thirty (30) days if your inquiry is via U.S. mail.
Please note that changing your opt-out preference will only affect future activities or communications. In other words, if Questions & Solutions Engineering already provided your information to a third party before you changed your opt-out preferences, you will need to contact the third party directly. To opt-out of communications from any third-party business partners, if any, you should contact them directly.
Information Retention and Security
Questions & Solutions Engineering may store your information for more than one (1) year from the time of initial submission, as well as automated personal information it collects about you. However, if Questions & Solutions Engineering obtains or collects your credit card number, that information will only be stored for a limited time pursuant to your authorization unless the law requires otherwise.
Questions & Solutions Engineering takes reasonable security measures to protect users’ information against unauthorized access, loss, alteration, or destruction. Despite these reasonable measures, Questions & Solutions Engineering cannot guarantee its security measures are impenetrable. Although Questions & Solutions Engineering takes reasonable steps to secure your information, it cannot and does not promise or warrant that your information will always remain secure.
Visitors outside the United States
Notwithstanding the foregoing, regardless of where information is processed, Questions & Solutions Engineering uses its commercially reasonable efforts to comply with certain legal frameworks relating to the transfer of any data. To the extent applicable, Questions & Solutions Engineering abides by the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (“APEC”) Cross Border Privacy Rules System, which provides a framework for organizations to ensure protection of personal information transferred among participating APEC economies.
Special Notice to EU Visitors
Questions & Solutions Engineering wishes to make any users of the Site from the European Union aware of their data protection rights. Each such user is entitled to the following:
- The right to request copies of your personal data. Questions & Solutions Engineering may charge a small fee for any copies.
- The right to request Questions & Solutions Engineering to correct any information you believe is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to request Questions & Solutions Engineering to delete any of your personal data under certain conditions.
- The right to request Questions & Solutions Engineering to restrict the processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data under certain circumstances.
- The right to request Questions & Solutions Engineering to transfer the data it has collected to another organization or directly to you under certain circumstances.
Policy Applicable to California Residents Only
Adult Usage Only
The Site is intended for persons who are of the age of majority and able to enter legally binding contracts without any right of rescission. Accordingly, in using the Site, you represent, warrant, and agree that you are at least eighteen (18) years or older.
Some portions of the Site may be restricted and require authorization for access. Unauthorized use of or access to these areas is prohibited. Actual or attempted unauthorized use of or access to such areas may result in criminal or civil prosecution. Attempts to access such areas without authorization may be viewed, monitored, and recorded and any information obtained may be given to law enforcement organizations in connection with any investigation or prosecution of possible criminal activity on the Site. If you are not an authorized user of such areas, you should not attempt to access such areas.
Accuracy of Information Provided by You
You agree that all information you provide Questions & Solutions Engineering is true, current, complete, and accurate. You also agree that you will update your information as needed to keep your information true, current, complete, and accurate. You agree to notify Questions & Solutions Engineeringin a prompt manner of a change in any provided information.
Code of Conduct
- Use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Site servers, or networks connected to any Site server, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Site;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Site, other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to any Site server or to any website through hacking, password mining, or any other means;
- Obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Site;
- Use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar data gathering and extraction tools on the Site;
- Use any metatags or any other “hidden text” utilizing any name, service, or trademark of Questions & Solutions Engineering without its express written consent;
- Publish, post, upload, distribute, or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic, name, material, or information related to the Site;
- Download, copy, or otherwise use any content, material, or information, including trademarks, logos, text, images, or photographs, which are made available through the Site in any manner, including, without limitation, in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of Questions & Solutions Engineering or any other party;
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs;
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses;
- Use the Site in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming, or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise);
- Direct traffic, post links, advertise, or engage in any similar conduct related to other websites, companies, competitors, or services;
- Use the Site, services, or tools if you are unable to form legally binding contracts;
- Attempt to copy or mirror the information, data, content, or coding from the Site; and
- Attempt to reverse engineer or reconstruct any portion of the Site.
You agree to comply fully with any applicable laws and regulations. You agree to cooperate in any governmental investigation regarding your use of Site services. You further agree that you will adhere to all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
Questions & Solutions Engineering reserves the right to perform maintenance whenever it deems reasonably necessary. Maintenance is generally scheduled for off-peak hours. Questions & Solutions Engineering shall not liable for any unforeseen or unexpected system outage due to unavailability of utilities or supplies, acts of God, natural disaster, labor strike or shortage, or any other condition that is outside of its control.
You agree that Questions & Solutions Engineeringholds all right, title, and interest to all trademarks, service marks, copyrights, services, websites, and any information and technology used to provide Site services. You acknowledge that no title or interest in such intellectual property rights is being, or has been, transferred to you. You further agree to make no claim of interest in any such services.
All content, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, downloads, and software included on the Site, is property of Questions & Solutions Engineering or the property of its licensors, and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. You agree that you will not copy, record, duplicate, or otherwise attempt to reproduce any provided services or information.
Disclaimer of Warranties
QUESTIONS & SOLUTIONS ENGINEERINGEXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SITE SERVICES AND ANY RELATED SOFTWARE OR SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. UNLESS OTHERWISE PROVIDED IN WRITING AND SIGNED BY AN AUTHORIZED AGENT OF QUESTIONS & SOLUTIONS ENGINEERING. QUESTIONS & SOLUTIONS ENGINEERINGDOES NOTWARRANT THAT SITE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT SITE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE. QUESTIONS & SOLUTIONS ENGINEERINGDOES NOTWARRANT THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF SITE SERVICES, THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE, OR THE QUALITY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY SERVICES PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE OR ITS USERS. EXCEPT AS EXPLICITLY WRITTEN IN A DOCUMENT SIGNED BY AN AUTHORIZED AGENT OFQUESTIONS & SOLUTIONS ENGINEERINGOR AS MANDATED BY APPLICABLE LAW, QUESTIONS & SOLUTIONS ENGINEERINGPROVIDES NOWARRANTY REGARDING THE GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED FROM THE SITE OR ANY THIRD PARTY ASSOCIATED OR AFFILIATED WITH QUESTIONS & SOLUTIONS ENGINEERING.
Assumption of Risk
When you access or use the Site, proceed to other websites linked to the Site, or interact with the Site in any manner, you do so at your own discretion and risk. In other words, you are solely responsible for any damage done to your computer, electronic device, or other property, including, but not limited to, the loss or corruption of data.
You agree that Questions & Solutions Engineeringhas the right to participate in the defense of any claim asserted against it. You also agree that Questions & Solutions Engineeringwill be entitled to retain a counsel of its own choosing at your cost. You further agree to notify Questions & Solutions Engineeringof your knowledge of any claim against it.You agree to cooperate fully during any such proceedings.
Right to Refuse Service
Questions & Solutions Engineering, in its sole discretion and without any liability to it, reserves the right to refuse service to any person or entity.
Consent and Survival of Agreement
Reports of Abuse
Questions & Solutions Engineeringmay, but is not obligated, to conduct an investigation into the allegations. Questions & Solutions Engineeringreserves the right to remove accounts, content, or postings that it, in its sole discretion, believes is offensive, illegal, or otherwise inappropriate.
Retention of Records
You agree to comply with all applicable governmental laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations related to the retention of records. Questions & Solutions Engineering shall not, under any circumstances, be liable to you for your failure to retain necessary records, and itsretention or non-retention of records will not act to alleviate your duty under the law.
Termination of Services
Notices and Communication
Notices that you send to Questions & Solutions Engineeringmust be delivered via first class mail to the following address at the end of these Termsof Use. You may also send Questions & Solutions Engineeringnotices via electronic mail, so long as you place “LEGAL NOTICE” in the subject line of the e-mail. You authorize Questions & Solutions Engineeringto send any notices to you based on your provided information. Questions & Solutions Engineeringshall not be responsible if you fail to keep your contact information current.
Choice of Law, Jurisdiction, and Venue
Exclusive Remedy and Damages Cap
Time Limitations for Action
Waiver of Jury Trial
Successors and Assigns
Except as otherwise expressly provided in these Termsof Use, these Termsof Usewill be binding upon and inure to the benefit of your successors, assigns, heirs, executors, and administrators.